Sunday, February 12, 2012

Finding positivity in the Kitchen


As I probably mentioned before, I love creating something in the kitchen. I love transforming it into a mess! Love, love, love it. I'm not particularly amazing at it, but it doesn't matter, practice makes perfect. The feeling I get from shopping for all the ingredients, taking out the pots, pans or bowls out of the cabinets, following the steps as well as my instincts (and my cousin's advice!), multi-tasking and finally, waiting and hoping for it to turn out great, is pretty amazing!

"Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts."

Chicken Pot Pie

Cauliflower Gratin 


I like to cook but I prefer to bake. Could it be because I have a sweet tooth? because it makes the house smell amazing? because I can share it and make everyone happy? because it looks pretty? Probably all of the above!

Simple Apple pie

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes w/ Butter frosting

French Toasts w/ bananas (I didn't have strawberries)

---
As a single gal, I always felt like never had a real reason to get my hands dirty in the kitchen and create a variety of things every day. Plus, I would have too much leftovers and end up either overeating or throwing everything out...
Yet, is living alone or being single a reason for having sandwiches, pasta and scrambled eggs everyday? No way!
There are plenty of websites and cookbooks that teach you what to make so that you don't waste food or money for that matter, rent is already expensive enough!
If you want to take care of your single self:
---

Cooking and baking is very therapeutic for me, as I'm sure it is for many people. I noticed that it requires planning, creativity, confidence, intuition and patience. It is like a 40 min adventure at home!
I also find it very therapeutic because it is a great act of love, not only for the people you are cooking for, who will stay on your mind during the whole process (that surely will produce a whole lotta serotonin in your brain!) but also a great act of self-love, if you are putting together something healthy for yourself or creating a sweet dessert to indulge on after a hard/emotional day ;)


Browsing the internet or the cooking section of the book store for ideas, fetching all my ingredients at the supermarket (Whole Foods is my favorite!) and getting my hands dirty in the kitchen truly is an fun way to bring some positivity in my day!


Share your favorite recipes with me!
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. The french toast with the bananas on top look super yummy!!!! Keep on creating amazing food!! It is inspiring!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This food looks lovely!


    www.cashewcookie.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...