Thursday, February 9, 2012

A little challenge - shall we?

I stopped writing for a little while because, honestly, my thoughts were all over the place and still are. I let negativity take over and eat up all my inspiration, my will to be creative.
Ever had one of those days where everything (emotions, thoughts, tasks, people...) feels so overwhelming that you just want to go home and hide under your covers? Yes, that was me. Not for just one day, unfortunately...

So, after having a craptastic day (learned this expression from Quirky girl!), not because anything bad happened, just because I did not like the way I felt, I decided to take control...or actually, I should rephrase, I decided to let go, as I mentioned in a previous post. I will let go of the fears, anxiety and self-pity, and I will accept/embrace/take care of me. I will accept my thoughts and concerns, but I will not let them take over and wear me down ('cause I gotta tell you, I'm exhausted right now!!)


I realized that it is sooo easy to let ourselves feel overwhelmed by everyday life, to feel anxious about our future, about life passing by so fast, about things we wish we could have done, could have been...It's so easy to go back to bed and hide under the covers and cry when things get (or feel) tough instead of fighting to remain happy, instead of working on staying calm, serene and peaceful...

I'm giving myself some homework, and maybe you can join me on this. From now on, every week (yes, structure and plans make me happy!) I will post about something I have tried, I have done or I'm planning on doing that has/will build positivism back into my life. So far, I have written about positive things, but I feel like I have said much more than I have done. I can't promise anything big, because work takes over my life and I feel like I have no time to myself (which will be something I will soon talk about), but I really hope to keep up with this and I also really hope it will make some of you smile :)



I have to say, this blog is becoming a bit more personal. I never wanted to disclose too much about myself on here not only for privacy reasons but more so for fear of being judged. No more of that, let's get personal!


"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened." - Mark Twain

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...